The last time gamers were treated to a Wolfenstein game it was back in 2009 when Activision published its sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, simply called Wolfenstein. It looks like a new game will soon be upon us as Bethesda is announcing Wolfenstein: The New Order is headed our way later this year.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is being developed by MachineGames, which is a studio comprised of former founding members of Starbreeze Studios, a studio that developer The Darkness, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena and Syndicate. The game will be a re-imagining of the Wolfenstein franchise and is said to offer players a “gripping and dramatic experience.” A teaser trailer was also released today showing William “B.J.” Blazkowicz taking on an army of Nazi-controller robots in what looks to be an alternate time that may have resulted in the Nazi threat continuing through history.
“We are excited to bring a new chapter of Wolfenstein to gamers everywhere,” said Jens Matthies, creative director at MachineGames. “As fans of the series, working on this game is an honor, and our team is driven to create an unforgettable action-adventure experience that will make FPS fans proud.”
Wolfenstein: The New Order is expected to be released in Q4 2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: bethesda, Microsoft, pc, playstation, playstation 3, PlayStation 4, Sony, xbox, xbox 360,