If you were walking down the street and a shady-looking person asked you if you were interested in buying the Air Force One, which you should know, is the plane the President of the United States uses, you would think that person is crazy and you’d immediately run away. But it looks like that shady-looking person can now laugh in your face as the actual Air Force One airplane can be purchased right now.
The auction will begin on May 15 at the starting bid of $50,000 on GSA Auctions. Here is the plane’s full description on GSA’s website:
In the thirty years this aircraft was assigned to the 89th Airlift Wing (Feb 1975-Sep 2005) it flew Presidential missions, Vice President, First Lady, Cabinet Secretaries (Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, others), Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, Four-Star Generals, Admirals, Foreign Heads of State and other foreign dignitaries.
The Air Force One that will soon go up for auction is currently located at the Phoenix / Mesa Gateway Airport and is a McDonnell Douglas DC9-32 with the tail number N681AL and serial number 731681. We’re sure that information will matter to somebody reading this, which makes us wonder if you’ll actually consider buying the Air Force One.
- 2013-09-27: FAA Advisory Panel Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics On Planes
- 2013-06-18: OpenAirplane Lets You Rent An Airplane Online With No Hassle
- 2013-06-03: Japan Works On Prototype Supersonic Passenger Airplane
- 2013-05-16: German Mechanic Builds Motorcycle With Airplane Engine
- 2013-05-15: iPhone Reportedly Sends Aircraft Several Miles Off Course Due To Interference