While Nokia seems to be enjoying some measure of success with their Lumia series of Windows Phone devices, other OEMs such as HTC, Samsung, ZTE and etc. have sort of taken a back seat, especially considering Nokia’s really good relationship with Microsoft. To that extent it seems that according a rumor from Chinese website, WPDang, they are claiming that their insider sources have informed them that Chinese manufacturers, such as Huawei, ZTE and Lenovo will apparently be very cautious with Windows Phone for 2013, indicating that perhaps they might not have the same amount of faith that Nokia has.
Huawei is said to only produce one Windows Phone device, the Ascend W2, while ZTE is said to be keeping away entirely, at least as far as 2013 is concerned. One of the reasons it seems is because ZTE is known for their budget offerings, which is a price point in which many companies are currently competing in, like the Ascend W1, HTC’s 8S, and the Lumia lineup as well. Lenovo seems to be taking a backseat as well, although to be fair there was a leaked image of a Lenovo Windows Phone awhile back which suggested that the company could be gearing up for a launch, but until now we haven’t really heard anything about it. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but are you surprised that OEMs are being cautious when it comes to Windows Phone?
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-03-23: Huawei CMO Thinks It's Hard To Differentiate Windows Phone Brands
- 2014-03-19: Huawei Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device Scrapped
- 2014-03-13: Huawei To Introduce Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device
- 2014-02-28: Lenovo Reportedly Planning A Windows Phone This Year
- 2011-07-20: Android legal losses could lead to more MeeGo/Windows Phone devices?