Diablo 3 and PS4 gamers are probably well aware that the game will be launched on the console and we’re sure that many are wondering how the game will play. Considering that the previous two iterations of Diablo were pretty much a point and click hackfest, how will this translate into a console controller? While we have yet to get our hands on the game and take it for a spin ourselves, Blizzard has revealed during their Conversations with Creators video with Sony that Diablo 3 for the PS4 will be taking advantage of the console’s new controller, particularly the trackpad.
Blizzard wasn’t clear how exactly will the trackpad be used, but according to Blizzard Entertainment’s production director, John Hight, “Diablo is a pretty deep game and we don’t like a lot of overload on the buttons […] We want to keep it really simple so you can get to the things you need to get to fast as you need to do it because the monsters are pouring at you no matter what. We think the touch pad’s going to give us a lot more opportunity to make that interface a lot easier.” What do you guys think? Any of you looking forward to playing the PS4 version of the game?
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2013-06-11: Diablo 3 For PS3/PS4 Will Have Exclusive Uncharted And Journey Items
- 2013-02-26: Diablo 3 For PS3/PS4 Will Not Feature Cross-Platform Multiplayer
- 2013-02-21: Some Diablo 3 Gamers React Negatively To Console Idea
- 2013-02-20: Sony PlayStation 4 Event Wrap-Up
- 2013-02-20: Diablo 3 Will Be Arriving On the PS3/PS4