Earlier this month, Disney shocked the gaming world when they pulled the plug on LucasArts to then announce EA would be chosen to exclusively develop Star Wars games. We’re sure many of you took to your forums of choice to voice your opinion about this move, but it looks like the wheels have been set into motion as EA has announced they have opened a new development studio for its upcoming Star Wars titles.
The new development studio will open as a new branch of their DICE studios located in Los Angeles, with the studio’s general manager, Karl-Magnus Troedsson, saying he would like 60 people working within the office by the end of 2013 and would like to recruit talent, preferably from Call of Duty developers Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
“There is an extreme talent pool over that we want a part of. It’s no secret that our main competitor is there.”
Having a studio open as a new branch of DICE studios and searching for talent from legendary first-person shooter studios makes us wonder if EA has heard the Internet’s cries for a new Battlefront game and is giving it some serious consideration. If there’s one studio that can create a worthy successor to the Battlefront series, we’re sure you can agree DICE would be the studio.
- Disturbing Scenes In Metal Gear Solid V Are Designed To Push The Limits
- Hideo Kojima Would Like To See Metal Gear Solid 5 Arrive For PC
- Killzone: Shadow Fall's Multiplayer Might Not Be 1080p As Advertised
- Titanfall Season Pass And Digital Deluxe Edition Announced
- PS4's Second Week In Japan Apparently Not Too Spectacular