Facebook’s debut on the stock exchange did not exactly capture the imagination of the masses, and its share price certainly did not achieve dizzying heights that most folks would have hoped for. Well, it is nice to have a dose of good news once in a while, as we have word that social networking giant Facebook has reported a spike in its mobile ad revenues, which would help alleviate investor worries concerning the company’s future growth. After all, investors do have their fair share of concerns over the ability of Facebook to promote and sell advertising across mobile platforms, mainly due to the restrictions of the small screen size.
Facebook has steadied the ship somewhat, having pointed out that 30% of its $1.25 billion ad revenues for the first quarter of 2013 were derived from the mobile platform, having reported a net profit of $219 million for the January-March period. In fact, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said, “We have made a huge progress in the first few months of 2013.” Do you think that mobile ads on Facebook will continue to grow, and how soon will we see it hit a plateau?RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Facebook,
- Seen at: pentagonpost