Since last week rumors of the Samsung Galaxy Note III have been coming in. It is said to be the first Samsung Galaxy device which will ship with a plastic OLED display. Today some additional speculation has come up regarding this very device. It is claimed that Note III will become Samsung’s most wanted device as it’ll tout impressive performance, a 5.99 inch Super AMOLED Full HD display (1080p), a 13 megapixel camera and the latest version of Android topped with TouchWiz (Samsung’s “skin” for Android and other platforms).
Today’s rumor is specifically about the hardware package of this device. If the details are indeed true, the Galaxy Note III would pack some serious power under the hood. Samsung’s Exynos 5 octacore processor with 3GB RAM and Mali 450 octacore graphics processor (GPU) has been rumored for the Galaxy Note III (note that the definition of GPU “cores” vary greatly depending on the vendor). Details on the build quality are a bit vague right now as Samsung is reportedly wondering whether or not flexible OLED displays will be ready around the time this device is supposed to be released — most likely, the phone won’t be flexible. The size is expected to be similar to Galaxy Mega 5.8 (read our hands on with the 6.3″ version of the Galaxy Mega) and it is expected that the design might be similar to the Galaxy S4. Despite the fact that these details would make Galaxy Note III out to be a phenomenal device in terms of performance, since all of this is based on rumors, its better not to get ahead of ourselves at this point in time.
Next Story: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Bootloader Unlocked
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-07-23: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date, Specs & News
- 2013-07-01: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Announcement Coming September 4 [Rumor]
- 2013-04-28: Rumor: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Appears Online
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2013-03-14: Samsung Galaxy S4 Hands-On Review