Gmail for iOS has been the go-to application for many of us who use Gmail as their primary email account, but if you want to use other Google products with the application, it has been impossible at this point as Apple currently doesn’t make it possible to change your default applications when opening things like links to websites, YouTube videos or addresses. But Google has just launched a new update to its Gmail for iOS app that now makes it possible to launch not only different default programs, but programs designated for the type of link that’s clicked on.
Prior to the update, clicking on any link within the Gmail for iOS application would launch Safari, but now, users will be able to launch Chrome, Google Maps or YouTube directly from within the app. This is a setting we’re sure many iOS users who also use these Google products would certainly appreciate, although if you would rather not use this feature, you have the choice to turn them on or off within Gmail for iOS’ settings.
Additional improvements to Gmail for iOS have been rolled out that now make it possible for users with multiple accounts to sign out of a single account rather than signing out of all of them at once.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: chrome, gmail, Google, google maps, iOS, iPhone, ipod touch, YouTube,
- Seen at: itunes.apple