Google Field Trip recently made the transition of being an Android-exclusive application thanks to its iOS application, and it looks like it came at a great time as Google has announced it will allow its Field Trip users to gain free access to 13 museums for an undisclosed limited time.
Field Trip users can receive Free Entry cards inside of the app’s “nearby” tab when they’re found to be close to one of the 13 museums. Once they’re offered a Free Entry card, all you’ll have to do is show the card to anyone who would normally stop you from entering a museum for free, which hopefully results in you gaining complete access instead of having your smartphone chucked into a nearby bush.
Unfortunately for Field Trip users around the world, the 13 museums the application will gain you free access into are all located in six major U.S. cities. The list of museums participating in Field Trip’s Free Entry cards promotion are as follows:
- Conservatory of Flowers, SF
- California Academy of Sciences, SF
- Walt Disney Family Museum, SF
- Museum of Contemporary Art, LA
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
- Adler Planetarium, Chicago
- The Field Museum, Chicago
- Museum of the city of New York, NY
- Museum of Arts and Design, NY
- National Building Museum, DC
- Portland Children’s Museum
- Portland Art Museum
- Pittock Mansion, Portland