It was nearly two years ago when Google announced it would be introducing games into its Google+ social media service, which they obviously was attempting to dethrone Facebook as the king of social games at the time. It looks like their little “experiment” didn’t do as well as they would have hoped as the company is announcing Google+ Games will be no more starting on June 30.
In their official post, Google doesn’t go into what exactly resulted in having them discontinue its Google+ Games service, but we’re sure it had to do with the majority of its users just weren’t interested in playing social games on the service, especially if they already spent so much time on the Facebook variant.
Fortunately for you Google+ users who actually played on its Games service, Google is allowing some game data to be migrated to an “alternative destination site” where players can use their unused payments. Other titles are giving players a grace period to use all of their unused credits before their title officially shuts down, although, if a game will soon be ending on Google+ Games, we’re not sure why you’d want to continue playing.RELATED
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Follow: Google, social media,
- Seen at: support.google