Google made quite a few interesting announcements today at its I/O 2013 conference. Among various other things, a new navigation user interface of Google Maps for Android and iOS was detailed. Google says that the UI has been updated in order to bring “things that matter most” to the spotlight. The update will be rolled out this summer and it will be integrated with Google Offers and Zagat restaurant ratings. The app will also display traffic alerts, such as road accidents.
Apart from that, Google has also confirmed that an iPad version of Maps app will be made available. The standalone Google Maps app for iOS was released last December, to this date the app does not have native support for the iPad. When the new update starts rolling out this summer, Google confirms that an iPad version of the app will also be available. Google has also completely revamped Maps for desktop, which it says has been built from the ground up. This time around Google Maps is being updated with the most significant features it has ever received since launching eight years back.RELATED
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: Google, google io, google maps,