Industry analysts predict that wearable technology is the next big thing. Google has already made its move with Google Glass, which is currently in the hands of a select few, but is expected to be released to the public in 2014. Apple, Samsung and even Google have been rumored to be working on a smartwatch, and according to a latest rumor, the UI of Google’s smartwatch will be similar to that of Glass. A prototype has reportedly been shown in three Google offices in Mountain View, Berlin and Manchester, and is said to have an interface that employs the use of “cards”, like Google Now.
It is also said that this watch will be manufactured by Motorola and will not be able to receive data on its own, rather it will need to be linked with a smartphone. The swipe-able cards in the interface will display information such as time, events, weather updates etc. It will reportedly not be ready for release at Google I/O 2013 and for now there’s no concrete release time frame for it. No word on the expected pricing as well. Google hasn’t commented on the rumors of its smartwatch, so one can’t be really sure if the company is indeed working on a product of this kind.
Next Story: White Nexus 4 Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]
- 2014-03-20: Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch, presented by Jim Wicks, Design Chief at Motorola
- 2014-03-19: Moto 360 To Feature "Secret" Charging Method
- 2014-03-18: Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch Launched, powered by Android Wear
- 2014-02-25: Motorola’s Google Smartwatch Prototype Spotted
- 2013-04-18: Microsoft Smartwatch Reportedly Being Developed By Ex Kinect And Xbox Teams