Just yesterday Sony unveiled Gran Turismo 6 which was announced for the PlayStation 3. While we guess Sony will still cater to PS3 gamers, we thought it was a bit odd that the PS4 was not mentioned, especially since the upcoming console is expected to be Sony’s next-gen gaming system. Well the good news for potential PS4 owners is that if you were wondering if Gran Turismo 6 would be arriving on the PS4, there is a good chance of that happening. This was revealed by Kazunori Yamauchi in an interview with IGN where he revealed that the developers did have PS4 version in mind, but they thought it prudent to release it on the PS3 first since we guess there are probably more PS3 owners at the moment, plus it will probably take a while for Sony’s PS4 to catch up as well.
Yamauchi stated that the PS3 version of the game could be upgraded naturally to a PS4 version thanks to its flexible engine, although we’re not sure how this upgrade might work. Do PS4 owners have to buy a new version even if they own the PS3 version, or is this a software update, or will PS4 owners have to pay a small fee to upgrade it? In any case at the very least a PS4 version has not been ruled out completely, so Gran Turismo fans can rest assured, although they will probably have to play the waiting game for now.
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4
- 2013-10-16: PS4 Digital Games Now Available For Pre-Order From Your PS3
- 2013-08-15: Sony Holding Gamescom Press Conference On August 20
- 2013-07-26: Sony Compares PS4 With Launch PS3 To Show How Slim It Really Is [Video]
- 2013-05-15: Gran Turismo 6 Confirmed To Release Holiday 2013 On PS3
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5