We think it’s safe to say we all would like to have a lightsaber some time in our life as we can’t help but think they’re extremely cool, especially when they’re being waved around to deflect incoming blaster attacks. We’ve seen some custom lightsaber hilts in the past, as well as custom trail railings in Japan, but this is the first time we’ve seen what looks to be an actual lightsaber.
YouTube user styropryo, or as he’s better known as “The DIY Laser Guy,” created a 3W handheld laser that resembles a lightsaber. The device was created using a diode from a DLC projector along with a pair of 18650 lithium ion batteries, although we’re sure there’s more than just sticking those two things into an enclosure and crossing your fingers in hopes it’ll start working.
The video The DIY Laser Guy uploaded shows him testing his creation by cutting up nearly everything he places in the front of the laser, including paper, tape, a ping pong ball, cardboard and even a wooden splint. As cool as this device actually looks, we think we’d be more terrified than impressed if we saw something like this in real life.
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- Japanese iPhone Accessory Makes Smell-O-Vision A Reality
- Radio Controlled Flying Witch And Flying Wizard Take To The Skies
- Roku Announces Roku LT, Roku 1, Roku 2 Streaming Video Players