Despite the fact that HTC themselves have denied that there is no ‘Google Edition’ HTC One, rumors about this device keep coming in every other day. This Google Edition business started back at I/O 2013 when Google announced its version of Galaxy S4 which touts the unadulterated stock Android OS. Many independent sources remain adamant that this device is indeed coming in the very near future. According to a latest rumor, when it does come out, it will be supplied in very, very limited numbers.
HTC has apparently already sold over 5 million HTC One units around the world. The source of this rumor believes that HTC will only release 1 percent of this figure, which turns out to be 50,000 units, just to gauge the consumer reaction. If this is true, merely 50K ‘Google Edition’ HTC One units with no Sense 5 and bloatware don’t seem to be enough for big-scale. Perhaps they’ll initially only release it in selective markets? Time will tell. The company is also reportedly prepping another variant of HTC One with a larger screen, though it is yet to confirm the existence of both of these devices.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6