Well, well, what do we have here? It seems that HTC has taken the necessary steps to ensure that the HDR microphone which has brought unnecessary spotlight (in a negative way) to the company is no longer there to cause any more trouble, as the Taiwanese company has done away with the HDR microphone from the HTC One’s specs sheet, promotional pages as well as official local websites. This happened as part of the fallout of a legal battle between Nokia and the microphone’s supplier, ST Microelectronics, where the latter was meant to produce said microphone just for select Nokia smartphones on an exclusive basis.
Since then, we have reliable information that HTC is working on a microphone of its own, and there will no longer be any more HDR microphone branding used in the smartphone’s marketing materials. Needless to say, current HTC One models remain safe from any potential legal action, as HTC will continue to use STM HDR microphones in their HTC One models until current supplies run out. That means our 32GB HTC One giveaway would feature this microphone from ST Microelectroncs.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6