It was rumored back in December 2012 that HTC was contemplating entering the Windows RT tablet market. Back then it was said that the Taiwanese manufacturer was working on a 7 inch and a 12 inch tablet which would run on Microsoft’s tablet compatible Windows OS. Today alleged specifics of both tablets have received, but since its just one source, its best to read ahead keeping in mind that these are merely rumors for now.
HTC is reportedly going to release two tablets, the HTC R7 and the HTC R12, the monikers correspond to the respective screen sizes. The R7 is expected to tout a 7-inch full HD display, with a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM breathing underneath it. There might be a 13 megapixel camera on the back and 16GB of internal storage, with the added option of increasing storage through microSD cards. The smaller of the two tablets is expected not to have NFC, HDMI or DLNA. A variant with LTE/HSPA+ compatibility is expected though, alongside a Wi-Fi only one with the customary Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and A-GPS connectivity features. As far as the HTC R12 is concerned, it will reportedly boast a 12-inch 2048×1536 display and will have the same internal specifications as the R7, but with more connectivity options such as NFC and HDMI.
Details about battery capacity or device dimensions are not available right now. It is rumored that HTC R7 and R12 tablets will be launched on the 13th of October. The tentative release date sits just around the corner from holiday shopping season and is comfortably ahead of the rumored Windows RT Blue release time frame.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-05-30 12 Inch HTC Windows RT Tablet Reportedly Cancelled
- 2012-12-20 HTC To Enter Windows RT Tablet Market (Rumor)