We picked up on the Huawei Ascend P6 earlier this week, apart from various leaks in the past, not much is currently known about the device. A blurry photo of the P6 was leaked online as well, and it does bear resemblance to the alleged press shots leaked a couple of days back. This smartphone is expected to be released on 18th June, unofficial pricing rumors pegged the price at $330. Huawei CEO says otherwise.
The CEO of Huawei, Richard Yu, has officially confirmed the Ascend P6 and has said that the price is not $330. He blames that rumors such as these are started by “western companies to strangle and damage the reputation of high quality devices from China.” These comments were made by Richard on his Weibo account, which is the Chinese equivalent of Twitter. He further says that Ascend P6 is going to have a “reasonable price,” but does not elaborate the price point it will fall in to. You’ve got to agree though, for a smartphone that reportedly touts a 1.5GHz quadcore processor, 2GB RAM and a 4.7 inch display, $330 is a bit too generous.
Next Story: $249 iPad Mini 2 Arriving Soon [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-11-15: Huawei Ascend P6 Set To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2013-06-28: Huawei Ascend P6 Google Play Edition Could Arrive
- 2013-06-19: Huawei Ascend P6 Pre-order Open In UK And Finland
- 2013-06-19: Huawei Targets 10 Million Ascend P6 Shipments In 2013
- 2013-06-18: Huawei Rules Out 'Nexus Experience' Devices, Praises Its Emotion UI