Just the other day thanks to a leaked photo by @evleaks, we managed to catch a glimpse at Huawei’s upcoming handset, the Ascend P6. Now it looks like things are getting official as Huawei has teased the device on their Facebook page themselves (pictured above). The image they posted on their Facebook page seems to corroborate the leaked image we saw last week and shows what looks like a metal-link frame around the device. The specs of the Ascend P6 were unfortunately not mentioned, but if the rumors are true, we can look forward to a 4.7” display, a 1.5GHz quad-core chipset with 2GB of RAM, and a 5MP rear-facing camera.
The last we heard, the alleged price of the phone was set at $330, but Huawei’s CEO quickly dismissed those rumors, claiming that the phone will have a “reasonable price”, although he was not specific about that bit. In all honesty $330 does seem somewhat reasonable as it is half the price of a high-end device, but we guess Huawei does have a reputation of pricing their products really low, so possible good news is that it might even cost less than $330. Either way check back with us on the 18th of June for the details.
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2013-11-15: Huawei Ascend P6 Set To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2013-06-28: Huawei Ascend P6 Google Play Edition Could Arrive
- 2013-06-19: Huawei Ascend P6 Pre-order Open In UK And Finland
- 2013-06-19: Huawei Targets 10 Million Ascend P6 Shipments In 2013
- 2013-06-18: Huawei Rules Out 'Nexus Experience' Devices, Praises Its Emotion UI