Asteroids is a game that we’re sure many of you are familiar with as there’s no denying how much of an impact the title has made, especially during the early days of gaming. The game has been made available as a hands-free game and even has made its way to be playable on a watch, but Two Bit Circus has created a version of the game where you play the spaceship featured in the game.
Human Asteroids projects its game elements on the floor using a laser projector and tracks your movements through a Kinect sensor, allowing you to navigate your way across the game area by using a rollable stool. A smartphone is also used as a controller in order to shoot missiles at any incoming asteroids, which we hear is pretty much the purpose of the game.
Two Bit Circus secured Atari founder Nolan Bushnell as an advisor as they attempt to raise $100,000 for its Steam Carnival Kickstarter project, which it’s hoping it can raise enough funds in order to bring its traveling circus show to more cities in the U.S.
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots