Instagram users will now be getting a dose of one of Facebook’s most popular photo features as they have announced the launch of their “Photos of You” feature.
Just like on Facebook, Instagram users will now be able to tag their friends or particular places within a photo, which can then be viewed in a new section simply called Photos of You. The section will be populated with images that have been tagged with your username, which can be done as soon as an image is taken as a new button will be available to allow the uploader to tag people and places within the image.
Prior to this update, tagging a friend would require @ mentioning their username, which would then come up as a notification in that person’s News tab. Now, these tags can be aggregated by the user its attached to and will send a push notification to each user that’s tagged in an image. At this point, only the uploader has the power to tag a user to an image, which means if you want to get yourself tagged in a photo and the uploader forgot to tag you, you’d probably have to request to be tagged.RELATED
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Apple Issues Shutdown Notice To Website That Helps Find Apple Products
- Skype Video Messaging Launches On Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, BlackBerry
- Google Hangouts Now Available As iOS, Android, Chrome Standalone Apps
- Google Now Available On iPhone, iPad As Google Search Update
- Follow: Android, instagram, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch,
- Seen at: blog.instagram