We had previously reported on the iPad mini 2 with a Retina display which was apparently delayed due to production issues. However according to Richard Shim, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch, he predicts that the iPad mini 2 with a Retina display is now back on track and could be released in the third quarter of 2013. Shim goes on to state that the 3rd gen iPad mini would be released in Q1 2014 as well. This is an updated statement by Shim in which his previous statement suggested that a Retina iPad mini 2 could be released in the 2nd half of 2013, with the 3rd gen arriving in Q1 2014.
A Q3 2013 launch of the iPad mini 2 would not be entirely out of the question, especially since it would be around a year since it was launched in 2012, but to follow up with a 3rd gen half a year later seems a bit suspect. In any case take this with a grain of salt for now, but we guess some of you guys will probably be relieved to learn that the Retina iPad mini 2 could be on track especially if you’re looking to upgrade.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]