Apple’s iPhone’s camera has usually been touted as being one of the better smartphone cameras out there in the market today, along with devices like the Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and recently, the S4, but have you wondered just how much the technology has progressed over the years? For those who might have recently hopped onto the iPhone bandwagon, you’re probably not aware that back when Apple released the first iPhone, while the camera wasn’t too bad, it did leave a lot to be desired, and to that extent, the Apple Reddit boards have taken a bunch of comparison photos from the Camera+ website and compared just how much the iPhone’s camera has evolved over the years.
Compiled by camerack, the side-by-side comparison photos are pretty telling and if you’d like to take a look at the image in its entirety, click here for the photo. What do you guys think? Personally I would have to say that the biggest and most noticeable improvement made to the iPhone’s camera would be between the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]