Leisure Suit Larry fans have been looking forward to its release, which was expected to occur on May 31 with a release on PC, Mac and Linux. It looks like the release of this long-awaited revival of the classic game has been pushed back to June, according to the game’s developer.
Replay Studios issued a statement regarding the delay, saying the game needs some “additional polish” prior to its release.
“Larry Laffer is one picky guy and he won’t stop preening himself until every hair looks pristine. In order to show Larry as the true Casanova he is, and provide the best possible Leisure Suit Larry experience for fans, Replay Games has decided to hold off the launch of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded until late June for additional polishing.”
Replay’s Paul Trowe then took to the official website to further dive into the reason for Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded’s delay, saying bugs were the main contributing factors to its missing its launch date.
“Here’s the problem, and thus this unscheduled Kickstarter update: due to the pure number of bugs found in the PC version alone (Mac version is being tested now,but not via Steam), we’re having to delay the game, yet again, until the end of June,” he wrote. “I can’t tell you how many phone calls, arguments, and heart breaking conversations I’ve had with my advisors on this. I SERIOUSLY wanted this game out by the end of May because we’ve postponed it more times than Larry’s been rejected. Ok, well, maybe not THAT many, but still….we’ve had some delays.”
So – there you have it. Leisure Suit Larry fans will have to wait just a little bit longer until they can play its remake.
Next Story: Amazon Cloud Drive Arrives In Canada
- 2014-03-26: More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24: Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17: OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13: Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2014-02-21: Mac Users More Likely To Run Latest OS Compared To Windows Users [Study]
- 2014-01-10: Mac Sales Experience Increase Last Quarter While PC Sales Take A Dip
- 2013-04-23: Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded Expected To Release On May 31
- 2013-04-18: Apple Has Stopped Orders For Mac Components [Rumor]
- 2013-03-22: Blizzard Announces Free-To-Play Card Game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- 2010-01-04: GoToMyPC Now Can Take You To Your Mac