Yesterday we reported on an analyst’s prediction that the iPad mini 2 with Retina display could be coming in Q3 2013 and now the same analyst, Richard Shim of NPD DisplaySearch, is claiming that suppliers of the displays Apple typically uses for their products, such as LG, could begin production of the alleged Retina displays as early as next month, and if this is true, this certainly backs up the previous report which pointed at a Q3 release.
Shim also goes on to state that LG will be responsible for a large portion of the display production as this is part of Apple’s plan to move away from their reliance on Samsung, the South Korean company in which they are currently embroiled with in a legal battle over patent infringements. Shim notes that the Retina display for the iPad mini 2 could feature a resolution of 2048×1536, effectively doubling the current resolution and bring it close to the 326PPI density found on the iPhone 5.
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)