Yesterday we reported on an analyst’s prediction that the iPad mini 2 with Retina display could be coming in Q3 2013 and now the same analyst, Richard Shim of NPD DisplaySearch, is claiming that suppliers of the displays Apple typically uses for their products, such as LG, could begin production of the alleged Retina displays as early as next month, and if this is true, this certainly backs up the previous report which pointed at a Q3 release.
Shim also goes on to state that LG will be responsible for a large portion of the display production as this is part of Apple’s plan to move away from their reliance on Samsung, the South Korean company in which they are currently embroiled with in a legal battle over patent infringements. Shim notes that the Retina display for the iPad mini 2 could feature a resolution of 2048×1536, effectively doubling the current resolution and bring it close to the 326PPI density found on the iPhone 5.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]