We had first heard about the LG Optimus GJ smartphone, said to be a waterproof device, earlier this month. Today the manufacturer has officially announced it with a price tag of approximately $600, the Optimus GJ will initially be exclusively available in Taiwan from June. The smartphone will be available in two colors, black and red. It is not known at this point in time whether LG will be releasing this device in other markets across the globe.
As far as the hardware is concerned, the LG Optimus GJ can definitely be called the waterproof Optimus G. There’s no difference between the two of them, save for the fact that one isn’t threatened by water. The device is capable of being submerged for up to half an hour in 1m deep water. Smartphones immune to the elements seem to be all the rage these days. Rumor has it that Samsung will be unveiling its own offering soon, the Galaxy S4 Active, which is a waterproof variant of the S4 although with a purported slower processor. Something tells me this will usher in the era of underwater “selfies.” [Image via ePrice]
Next Story: Creative Dxm Signature Series Wireless Speakers
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-16 AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-20 LG G Pro 2 Priced Cheaper Than Galaxy S5 In Taiwan
- 2014-03-19 Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-03 LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well