Redbox Instant was made available to the public this past March and since then, the service has found itself on a small number of set-top-boxes and Smart TVs, it has yet to be as widely accepted as Netflix has been. Today, Redbox is announcing it has partnered with LG’s Smart TV platform to allow Redbox Instant customers to view the service on Smart TVs starting today.
A total of 40 LG Smart TV models are currently supported to allow for Redbox Instant to be viewed directly from a customer’s TV without any need for an additional set-top-box. The announcement came from Redbox Instant’s Twitter account earlier this week and offers LG customers one free month of service in order to familiarize themselves with it, although Redbox Instant already offers one month of free service for all of its new subscribers.
As is the case with normal customers, once the one month free trial ends, LG Smart TV owners who use Redbox Instant on their respective television sets will need to cough up $8 a month to continue using the service.
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-17 LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-03-25 LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-03-04 Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Announced
- 2014-02-28 Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- 2012-11-30 Redbox Instant Details Leaked