Logitech announced earlier this year they would be restructuring its company to focus on its line of mobile accessories, although since then, it has released a number of non-mobile accessories such as its G Line of PC gaming peripherals, and new Harmony remotes. Today, they’re announcing a new mobile accessory that is another keyboard for the iPad, but it’s a little bit different from what they’ve released in the past.
A new set of wired keyboards are being announced today, one that supports Apple’s Lightning connector, while the other supports Apple’s older 30-pin connector. The keyboard can be used by simply plugging them into the iPad, which if you use your tablet on a table top, will be the ideal method as it’ll cut down on recharging a bluetooth keyboard on a regular basis.
Logitech came up with its Wired Keyboard for the iPad due to the fact more classrooms are using the tablet, which is why they thought they needed to deliver an accessory for that particular setting. Both the Lightning and 30-pin connector version will be priced at $59.99 with the Lightning version available in August while the 30-pin version will come in October.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2013-08-13: Logitech TK820 Keyboard With Touchpad
- 2013-04-23: Superb Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard Case For iPad
- 2013-03-26: Logitech Keyboard Folio for iPad and iPad mini
- 2012-10-15: Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 announced
- 2012-09-07: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover now comes in white