Mailbox is a newly popular iPhone email client that has gained quite a substantial user base in the short time that it has become available for everyone. A testament to its popularity is the fact that Dropbox acquired it and vowed to keep it a separate entity, while calling it “simple, delightful and beautifully engineered.” We reported last month that Mailbox for iPad was being developed and the developers also revealed that they were considering making a Mac version. While we don’t know about that yet, Mailbox for iPad has finally gone live and is now available for download from iTunes App Store.
The new version 1.3 update makes Mailbox for iOS a universal app, meaning that it now brings native support for the iPad. There’s a caveat if you use an email service other than Gmail. For now, Mailbox can only work with Gmail accounts, so you’re out of luck if Google’s email is not your cup of tea. Nevertheless, Mailbox is available for download absolutely free. You might want to check it out and see for yourself what the buzz is all about.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-13: Dropbox CEO Backs Condoleezza Rice's Board Appointment
- 2014-04-10: Internet Rallies Against Condoleezza Rice's Appointment To Dropbox's Board
- 2014-04-09: Dropbox Introduces Carousel Gallery
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-04-18: Dropbox for iOS updated