Mailbox is a newly popular iPhone email client that has gained quite a substantial user base in the short time that it has become available for everyone. A testament to its popularity is the fact that Dropbox acquired it and vowed to keep it a separate entity, while calling it “simple, delightful and beautifully engineered.” We reported last month that Mailbox for iPad was being developed and the developers also revealed that they were considering making a Mac version. While we don’t know about that yet, Mailbox for iPad has finally gone live and is now available for download from iTunes App Store.
The new version 1.3 update makes Mailbox for iOS a universal app, meaning that it now brings native support for the iPad. There’s a caveat if you use an email service other than Gmail. For now, Mailbox can only work with Gmail accounts, so you’re out of luck if Google’s email is not your cup of tea. Nevertheless, Mailbox is available for download absolutely free. You might want to check it out and see for yourself what the buzz is all about.
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2011-04-18 Dropbox for iOS updated