New versions of the Microsoft Surface Pro may have been introduced in Japan earlier this week, one of which comes with a 256GB HD, but here in the U.S., Microsoft looks like they’re trying their best to improve sales of its more limited Surface RT.
Microsoft is announcing starting today, those who purchase a Surface RT tablet in the U.S. and Canada can walk about with a free Touch Cover, Touch Cover Limited Edition, or Type Cover. The inclusion of a cover for the Surface would normally cost somewhere between $100 – $129 depending on which you select, making this quite the deal, that is, if you really want a Surface RT over the Surface Pro.
The free cover offer is only available for a limited time, but Microsoft has yet to reveal just how limited a time this offer will experience as they make no mention of its end within a published blog post. Either way, a discount is still a discount and those who were already considering purchasing a Surface RT can now get a completely free cover with their purchase.
Next Story: Xbox One Design Choices Defended By Microsoft
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2013-09-20: Surface 2 Said To Have Same $500 Price As Surface RT
- 2013-08-26: Microsoft May Have Forced Ballmer's Retirement Due To Surface RT Debacle
- 2013-08-23: Giant “Piano” Made Up Of Surface RT Tablets
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates
- 2013-08-13: Investors Sue Microsoft Over Surface Performance