We know Windows Blue is expected to be released some time this year, but it looks like that’s not the only good news Microsoft has for Windows users today as they are also announcing Windows 8 has surpassed 100M licenses in its first six months of availability.
“Windows 8 is a big, ambitious change,” Microsoft CMO and CFO Tami Reller wrote in a blog post highlighting today’s news. “While we realize that change takes time, we feel good about the progress since launch, including what we’ve been able to accomplish with the ecosystem and customer reaction to the new PCs and tablets that are available now or will soon come to market.”
This milestone is certainly an important one for Microsoft to achieve as it shows its Windows 8 is steadily gaining momentum and is keeping up with Windows 7′s initial sales. The last time Microsoft announced Windows 8 sales numbers was back in January where they sold a total of 60M licenses, so an increase of 40M Windows 8 licenses in just four months is certainly a healthy bit of growth.
Next Story: Terrafugia TF-X Plug-In Hybrid Flying Car
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22 Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21 Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-12-10 Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- 2013-11-15 Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-17 Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1
- 2013-10-17 Windows 8.1 Is Now Available