We’ve covered countless Motorola X Phone rumors here and up till now there has been no confirmation from either Google or Motorola regarding the time frame in which this device will be released. It was widely believed that Google would announce this smartphone at I/O 2013, though merely days before the conference it was reported that Google had pulled its teams from the project because it thought the project wasn’t innovative enough. Motorola reportedly was left with the project on its own, which is considered to be one of the major reasons in the release delay.
A week ago we reported that Motorola XT1058, believed to be the X Phone, had stopped by the FCC for approval, the AT&T version to be precise. According to a new leak, a CDMA version of the same device is also being manufactured, which would enable those devices to be compatible with Sprint and Verizon’s mobile network. The leak also claims that the Motorola X Phone will be powered by a Snapdragon S4 Pro dualcore processor. As per recent reports, the Motorola X Phone is expected to be released around August.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2013-08-29: Moto X Available At Verizon's Online Store Starting At $199
- 2012-08-26: Your Google Nexus experience with Verizon and Sprint - hot or not?
- 2012-01-25: Motorola video pokes fun at Siri
- 2011-09-21: Isis will support Android devices despite Google Wallet competition
- 2011-01-13: Verizon and HTC take top spot for Android 2.2 Froyo updates