If you own all of the major video game consoles, you probably tend to use your PlayStation 3 when it comes to Netflix. Which is why we’re not entirely surprised to hear Netflix is announcing an update to its player on the PlayStation 3 today.
Netflix will update its PlayStation 3 application to resemble a design that is more consistent with its player on the Web and its mobile and tablet applications. One of the key features they’re rolling out in its updated player is an easily manageable audio and subtitles selection menu. PlayStation 3 users will now be able to manage those changes directly from their console without having to return to the browse experience to initiate the change.
Netflix also improved the design and performance of its “trickplay” mode when scanning forward or reverse in play mode. Images within trickplay will load much faster, making it possible to find what you’re looking for more quickly. Rewinding the stream 10 seconds at a time is also easier to execute as you can now press the left arrow button on your controller or remote control to jump back 10 seconds.
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-07-26: Sony Compares PS4 With Launch PS3 To Show How Slim It Really Is [Video]
- 2013-07-09: New Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Video Compares SD Version
- 2013-07-01: Sony Launching Summer Blast Sale Tomorrow For PS3, PS Vita Games
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store