Today at its Menlo Park Headquarters in California, Facebook detailed new features that the first update of Facebook Home is going to bring. Previously the social networking giant had confirmed that Facebook Home’s first update will be releasing in May. Three new features that have been detailed include Dock, Dash Bar and a new user experience. Later today at 3PM PST Facebook for Android update will be released on Google Play Store, which won’t have these features but will bring bug fixes and performance improvements.
Aptly named Dock, this new feature will add a new app dock to Home’s launcher. Once the user swipes up to access their apps, they’ll get to see the Dock that will be locked at the bottom of the screen. The Dash Bar’s aim is to make initiating conversations a lot faster. At the moment to initiate a chat, the user must swipe left to reveal the Facebook Messenger app. After the update, swiping left will open up a Chat Head bubble which will have a Buddy List overlaid. The list will show which of your friends are online and available to chat. The new user experience is simply there to make it easier for first time users to get acclimatized with Home. A much more extensive walkthrough of gestures will be provided so as to make it easier to adapt to Facebook Home. They’ve not said when exactly these new features will be rolled out to end users in an update.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, Facebook, Facebook Home, google play store,
- Seen at: techcrunch