Google showed off an impressive list of 41 new features for Google+ at the I/O conference. Today the company announced that it is releasing a brand new app for Android which comes with improvements in location and photos features. The Google+ Stream has also been improved in this update. Throughout the day, version 4.0 of Google+ for Android will be rolling out to users all around the world. Apart from these features, the app also brings Notification tweaks and the ability to edit additional profile fields on the move. One tap access to the new Hangouts app is also baked in.
The new photo feature in this update has the ability to auto backup, auto highlight, auto enhance and “auto awesome” pictures. Backup saves photos as they are taken safe and securely, highlights presents a collection of top shots from every set of photos added, enhance automatically makes subtle improvements to the pictures and “awesome” lets users create panoramas and animations out of existing pictures in the library. Snapseed filters have been added as well. Location sharing has been improved, enabling users to share their locations only with the circles they want to. Related hashtags now work inside the app, they will appear on top of individual posts, tapping on them will display relevant streams of content. The new Google+ app for Android is now available for download via Google Play Store.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2013-05-15: Google Play Store Receives New Design Prior to I/O Keynote
- 2013-04-28: Android App Updates Now Restricted From Bypassing Google Play Store
- 2013-04-09: Google Pulled Over 60,000 Low Quality Apps From Play Store In February
- 2012-03-08: Google Play Store app updated