Apart from unveiling the next platform update of Android, Google is also expected to make a number of hardware related announcements at I/O 2013 as well. It has already been rumored that both Nexus 5 and the Motorola X Phone will not be announced at the conference. Recently we heard that a new Nexus 7 tablet, manufactured in association with Asus, will be announced. Today, that rumor has been corroborated by Ming-Chi Kuo, a noted analyst of the technology industry.
Kuo says in a research note that the Nexus 7 will have upgraded internal specifications, there’s been chatter of the Nexus 7′s Tegra 3 processor being swapped for a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro. Better cameras and wireless charging have also been rumored. The upgraded tablet is expected to tout a 7 inch LTPS display with 1980×1200 resolution. Subtle design changes are also expected, such as a slimmer bezel. Google will reportedly not be changing the price point, and will keep on offering the base model through its website for $199. As far as new smartphones are concerned, the company is expected to announce a 32GB LTE capable Nexus 4.
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2013-11-06: Nexus 5 Compared To Previously Released Nexus Phones [Video]
- 2013-10-20: White Nexus 5 Teased By Allegedly Leaked Retail Packaging
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-04-23: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release At Google I/O Reportedly Delayed