It was rumored last week that Microsoft may announce a smaller Surface tablet next month. The company is expected to make this announcement at the BUILD Developer Conference. Initially it was said that these new tablets might have screens between 7 and 9 inches, but that obviously remains to be confirmed. Rumor has it that Microsoft is indeed making new tablets for “Surface wave 2″ and that these tablets will have a smaller and lighter form factor as supposed to their counterparts.
It is being reported that the new Microsoft Surface tablet will have a 7.5-inch display with a resolution of 1,400 x1,050. Details about the internal specifications are vague, though it is believed that the company will either go for Intel or NVIDIA processors. Mass production will reportedly begin in the first quarter of 2014 and the tablet is expected to carry a $399 price tag. If true, the company might have to reconsider its price point because even the rumored one is $70 more than the iPad mini. Despite that 7.5-inch Surface tablet may have a better display and better hardware, Microsoft probably won’t be looking at much success for the device if its priced considerably higher than its main rival. Wouldn’t you agree?
Next Story: 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy Pro Ad Criticizes The iPad And Microsoft Surface
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679