We do know that Nokia will most probably reveal their upcoming flagship device, the Nokia Lumia 928, sometime later next week (May 14 is the speculated date by many), but does this mean other handset manufacturers and carriers will just sit down there and do nothing? Not quite, as Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo intends to hold their summer showcase a day after that, where a slew of new products will be announced. It seems most likely that we will see a bunch of spanking new Sony Xperia products being announced for the Japanese market – and hopefully in due time, in the rest of the world, with rival carrier AU by KDDI tipped to also hold a similar event a few days later – on May 20, to be exact.
There were rumors in the past that Sony Mobile is working on a summer release of the Xperia A (SO-04E), where it will launch on DoCoMo with the Xperia UL (SOL22) arriving on AU. After all, May tends to be when new handsets are traditionally announced in the Land of the Rising Sun, with the Xperia GX and Xperia SX being the precedents in the year before. All we can do is sit tight and wait!
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online