It won’t be long before Microsoft makes their next-gen Xbox announcement, and hopefully during the announcement Microsoft will reveal when the console will be made available. However until then, the latest Major Nelson podcast episode featuring Aaron Greenburg, chief of staff for interactive entertainment at Microsoft, might have hinted that their next-gen console could be released in time for Christmas! We guess this isn’t too surprising considering that many products are released in time for the holiday season, but this is what Greenburg had to say:
We’re really going to tell one story across two events. So we’re going to start on the 21st and really that’s about revealing the next Xbox platform, really our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned… at E3, I mean, if you’re a gamer, it’s going to be tonnes of exclusives, world premieres and obviously even beyond that we have a lot to share between then and this [Christmas].
Of course Greenburg did not actually mention anything about the actual console itself, but like we said, a release in time for the holidays would not be a stretch of the imagination. So what do you guys think? Does Christmas sound likely? In any case be sure to check back with us later for more next-gen Xbox details!
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-03-13: Microsoft Quietly Killed Off The Xbox 360 2-Year Contract Plans, Claims It Was An Experiment