Sega does what Nintendon’t? That’s all old hat and water under the bridge by now, as Sega and Nintendo have come to an agreement where future Sonic the Hedgehog games will be Nintendo exclusives, especially on the Wii U home console and the Nintendo 3DS portable handheld system. I know right, have things gotten any weirder? We do know that Sonic Lost World will be a new action platforming game, where additional details about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show kicks off this coming June 11th.
Of course, we have seen Sonic and the House of Mario work together in the past, but not up to such an extent, as seen in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics on the older Nintendo DS platform. Other titles that will arrive in due time include Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Wii U, apart from classic Sega Game Gear games which will appear on the Virtual Console service for the Nintendo 3DS. Sonic the Hedgehog on Android doesn’t sound so hot anymore, does it?
Next Story: Microsoft Says It Pays To Upgrade To Windows 8
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-03-17: Early Sonic Boom Character Designs Were "Traumatic" For The Sonic Team
- 2013-04-08: Project X Zone Releasing On June 25th For The Nintendo 3DS
- 2013-03-06: RetroN 4 Console Will Play NES, SNES, Genesis & Gameboy Through HDMI
- 2012-04-11: Capcom x Namco Bandai x Sega project revealed as Project X Zone
- 2012-04-09: Sega x Capcom x Bandai mystery game begins countdown timer to announcement