We’ve been hearing rumors that Nokia is set to release an EOS smartphone which will supposedly sport a whopping 41MP image sensor, similar to the 808 PureView except that it will run on Windows Phone instead. The previous rumor had suggested a May-August possible announcement, and now according to new rumors from Digitimes, the 14th of May event which is said to unveil the Lumia 928 and Lumia 925 could very well play host to the unveiling of the rumored EOS device as well.
Apart from the 41MP sensor, not much else is known about the device except that it will be a high-end smartphone with Windows Phone calling the shots. At the same time we can’t help but feel that with a 41MP sensor, it might be stepping on the toes of devices like the Lumia 920 and the Lumia 928 where they have been touted to feature excellent camera capabilities. In any case take this with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us on the 14th of May for the details.
Next Story: LG Announces Event For 30th Of May
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced