If you’re a football fan, you might have heard that Sir Alexander Ferguson has now stepped down from the helm at Manchester United football club. He’s been there since 1986 and has seen times and technologies change. Sir Alex is a much respected figure in the football community, with 13 Premier League Titles, two Champions League titles and five FA cups, why wouldn’t he be? So Nokia thought that it would be fit to honor one of the greatest managers football has ever seen with a custom Lumia 920 smartphone.
It’s a clever marketing ploy by Nokia, one that should gain substantial traction, but its also a nice gesture on their part to honor one of the most revered figure in football. To top it all off, Nokia is also offering a chance to win one custom made Lumia 920 smartphone to Manchester Utd fans. All they have to do is to retweet a tweet from @Nokia_UK. They’ve not clarified whether this opportunity is limited to the UK or if it is open for everyone around the globe. Smartphones like the Lumia 920 didn’t exist back in 1986 when he first took this job, but perhaps he might be interested in one made just for him as he finally steps down.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-01-30 Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13 Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29 Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11 AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-09-30 AT&T's Lumia 920 Amber Update Will Arrive In The Coming Weeks