Today Microsoft rolled out a new update of Office 2011 for Mac. The new update brings a slew of bug fixes, stability and performance improvements. It also adds a handful of new integrated features of Office 365. Bumping the version number up to 14.3.4, the update weighs in at 113MB and can be downloaded through Microsoft’s web page or via the Office 2011 AutoUpdate utility. Before this update can be installed, it is mandatory that the user has Service Pack 1 of Office 2011 installed. The AutoUpdate utility will show two available updates if SP1 hasn’t already been installed.
Office 2011 for Mac license is available as a subscription now after this update, bringing it at par with Office 2013 for Windows. While offering more compatibility with Office 365 features, the update also brings deeper Microsoft SkyDrive and SharePoint integration. Office 2011 for Mac is now available as a $99 per year or $10 per year subscription, with the ability to install it on five separate Mac machines. The full list of changes and bug fixes is available at the update’s web page, from where it can be downloaded as well, for free.
- 2014-04-21 Office 365 China Launch Finally Takes Place
- 2014-04-15 Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-03-31 Microsoft Details Smart Features For Office 365 Outlook Web App
- 2014-03-13 Microsoft Launches Office 365 Personal Subscriptions
- 2014-02-28 Los Angeles Unified School District To Use Microsoft's Office 365