Pinterest today announced that it was rolling out new and improved versions of its app for both iOS and Android. A lot of “great new features” are expected from this update, but primarily the app is believed to bridge the gap between functionality of the app and the features available at the web site online. Support for notifications, a better search experience and mentions are touted as some of the new features in the updated apps.
Pinterest’s notifications now come to the mobile apps, push notifications are also supported so the app doesn’t need to be opened to check out what’s happening on the other side. The update also brings the ability to mention people in a pin from within the app itself. A person can be mentioned on Pinterest by first pressing the “@” key and then typing in the name. The search experience has been improved, search terms are now suggested during typing. Searches can also be saved, as well as deleted through the settings menu. The Pinterest app for iOS and Android can be downloaded at both the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.RELATED
- Microsoft's Original Plan For Nokia Might Have Been To Purchase An Equity Stake
- Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Follow: Android, iOS, pinterest,