Pinterest today announced that it was rolling out new and improved versions of its app for both iOS and Android. A lot of “great new features” are expected from this update, but primarily the app is believed to bridge the gap between functionality of the app and the features available at the web site online. Support for notifications, a better search experience and mentions are touted as some of the new features in the updated apps.
Pinterest’s notifications now come to the mobile apps, push notifications are also supported so the app doesn’t need to be opened to check out what’s happening on the other side. The update also brings the ability to mention people in a pin from within the app itself. A person can be mentioned on Pinterest by first pressing the “@” key and then typing in the name. The search experience has been improved, search terms are now suggested during typing. Searches can also be saved, as well as deleted through the settings menu. The Pinterest app for iOS and Android can be downloaded at both the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.
Next Story: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Released For iOS
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-24: Telegram Arrives At 35 Million Users Milestone
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android