Word has it that Apple could be launching the iPhone 5S later this year, whether it be mid-year or Q3 remains to be seen, but in any case based on Apple’s practices in the past, an iPhone 5S is more than likely. Now according to the folks at Nowherelse.fr, they have stumbled across some components on a Japanese retailer’s website which apparently is being touted as an iPhone 5S component. While it is not specified as to what this component is or where in the phone it might belong to, a comparison to the iPhone 5’s motherboard (pictured above) has suggested that this component could be a small piece of the motherboard belonging to the iPhone 5S. Of course we cannot speak to the legitimacy of this component as it could as easily be a component for another device entirely, but leaked components are a pretty common occurrence leading up to the announcement of an iPhone, so it might not be a stretch of the imagination either. Make what you will of this for now, but also take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well