As it stands iOS and Android are currently taking the number 1 and number 2 spots in the smartphone operating system market, leaving the third place to be contested and based on what we can see, both Blackberry 10 and Microsoft with their Windows Phone operating system are no doubt currently vying for that spot, presumably as a stepping stone while they try to overthrow iOS and Android, but who will take 3rd spot?
According to an article on Seeking Alpha, the writer “jaberwock” seems to believe that Blackberry could be set to win the 3rd spot in the mobile phone operating system wars. His prediction is based on charts and figures that show the steady sales of the Z10 along with the release of the Q10 in other markets, thus creating a very promising environment for the company. Considering that the Q10 sold out in less than 2 hours at Selfridges, it looks a promising start for Blackberry and might make Thorsten Heins’ prediction come true. What do you guys think? Does Blackberry have a better shot than Windows Phone at nabbing the 3rd spot?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-12-22: BBM For BlackBerry 10 Beta Features Real Time Location Sharing And Voice Notes