Rovio Entertainment, the company that is most famous for the Angry Birds franchise, looks set to publish more fun new mobile game titles, although this time around, it will be performed under its Rovio Stars brand. This new mobile game publishing initiative will boast the best new games (at least that is what Rovio has in mind from the beginning) courtesy of talented and innovative developers, and will also be Rovio’s maiden attempt in including third party titles within its game line-up.
Rovio’s EVP of Games Jami Laes, said, “Rovio Entertainment has positioned itself as one of the powerhouses of mobile entertainment, so moving into publishing is a logical step for us at this point. We want to help our fans find quality entertainment among the more than 100,000 games available in app stores. That’s where Rovio Stars comes in.”
Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage will be the first title to be published under the Rovio Stars program, where it will be followed by Tiny Thief by 5 Ants. Just to get an idea on what Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage is all about, it does not involve flinging vikings on a catapult to storm castles, but rather, you play the role of a lone Viking who has a unique ice slicing mechanic and an offbeat humor, discovering new adventures in his world – and beyond.
Next Story: Polaroid XS80 Loves A Wet And Wild Lifestyle
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-11: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week