The other day it was reported that HTC had dismissed rumors suggesting that the company might be following in Samsung’s footsteps and release a Google Edition version of their HTC One device. Considering that there are plenty of users out there who don’t appreciate manufacturers applying their own UI onto phones, usually causing unnecessary lag and bloatware, we’re sure that HTC fans out there wouldn’t mind seeing a Google Edition HTC One, and thanks to a new rumor, it has suggested that HTC is indeed working on a Google Edition HTC One handset.
According to infamous ROM leaker, @LlabTooFeR, he seems to be under the impression that a HTC One running on stock Android is in the pipeline, and will be released “without Sense 5”, and could be even released as early as this summer! Of course if you remember HTC’s statement, it stated that they were not “currently” planning a Nexus Edition of the HTC One, and we guess the keyword is “currently”, suggesting that perhaps some time down the line a Google Edition HTC One is a possibility. In any case we guess if you’re too stubborn to believe the official statement, we’ll just have to wait and see if such a device will be released, but in the meantime please take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-03-26 HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29 Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15 Original HTC One Prototype Revealed