Samsung initially rolled out their maiden attempt at a 4K Ultra HD TV earlier this year at CES, and they did mention that there will be other sizes to come later this year – where we are looking at the larger as well as smaller versions of the initial 85-inch model. Good to know that Samsung is a company that keeps to its promise, having announced that folks living in South Korea will be able to enjoy 55” as well as 65” models of the 4K TV range from June onwards.
There is one niggling question that needs to be answered – how will these smaller models (that are still relatively large compared to most homes that tend to stick to 46” or so TVs) fare compared to the big bad $39,999 MSRP 85S9 UHD TV model? Hopefully we will see a steep price drop to fuel a strong and fast growth of such a TV, and anything that is under $10,000 would certainly be more than welcome. We do wonder when will Samsung be a stiff competitor to the curved OLED TV market, where LG Display looks set to take the lead at the moment. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2013-08-27: Sony, Samsung 4K TVs Receive Huge Price Cuts