With Apple having the iPod touch, we guess we weren’t surprised that Apple’s competitors, such as Samsung, followed suit with something similar called the Samsung Galaxy Player, essentially a touchscreen media player running on Android sans the phone capabilities. Well it looks like Samsung is looking to introduce an upgrade to the Galaxy Player with the Galaxy Player 2 which was recently spotted in benchmarks by the folks at TechTastic.
Unfortunately if you were hoping for some sort of powerful media player device, perhaps sporting hardware along the lines of the Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy S4, you might be disappointed. It seems that the display is still at a lowly 480×800 and will be powered by a Marvell processor under the hood, although the good news is that the Galaxy Player 2 will come with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean running the show. We guess the good thing about Android media players is that they can be customized much like Android phones, allowing users to create a truly unique looking media player. No word on when the Galaxy Player 2 will be released or announced, but fret not as we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info.
Next Story: Samsung SMART Camera NX2000 Hands-On Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year